Tackling inequalities in either ‘plus’ populations or people in ‘core20’ areas will improve outcomes for both groups. There is most opportunity for improvement for people in both the ‘plus’ groups and the core20 areas. NHS ‘Plus’ groups include:
- Ethnic minority communities
- Inclusion health groups such as: homelessness, drug and alcohol dependence, vulnerable migrants, Gypsy, Roma and Traveller communities, sex workers, people in contact with the justice system, victims of modern slavery.
- People with a learning disability and autistic people
- Coastal communities with pockets of deprivation hidden amongst relative affluence
- People with multi-morbidity
- Armed Forces Community
These resources provide factsheet summaries which include local numbers, health needs and issues such as barriers encountered by these groups.
Dec-23 | Norfolk County Council